Cuz I'm broken, when I'm lonesome and I don't feel right when you're gone away...
Oh, reflecting...how you torture me! Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited about the move to DC- such a fun, vibrant, exciting city...I can't wait! But, I just love our life here.
For example, tonight- Jason, PJ and I went out to Barnaby's for $2 Tuesdays...this has been a ritual for darn near a year now, except for when we gave up going out to eat for Lent (which was rough btw).
Anyway, we have rituals, routines and friends which are going to be so difficult to part with... and everyone says "you'll make new rituals" or "you'll have no problem making new friends"- but what if I'm perfectly happy with the friends I've got? Or the routine I have? The most difficult part of this whole thing is the realization that my happy, content life is going to flip turned upside down and I'm going to have to begin anew- without those that know me best by my side, or the things that make my life cush and comfy.
![]() |
| Me and Peej |
![]() |
| Hadji!!! |
![]() |
| ER GIRLS!!! Meghan, Katie, Celita and I |
Maybe I'm just in a funky mood tonight that's making me reflect on all of this? I don't really know... I felt pretty good all day until I was sitting down at dinner with my familiar servers at Barnaby's- Rex and Jesus (like hey-seuss, not geez-us) and I realized I'm really going to miss those guys! I'm going to miss $2 Tuesdays, I'm going to miss popping my head down in the ER to check on all my ER peeps, I'm going to miss Monday nights, game nights, lunch/coffee breaks with Garcia, random crawfish boils or girls night's out, dinner at Thompson's, anywhere in Montrose with our oodles of friends, Hadji's sound advice-available anytime and anywhere, Lopez with the Grzy's... Even as I type this my heart breaks a bit just at the thought.
The relationships I have now have taken years to build... I pray that they can withstand the distance. :/





They will withstand!!! That's why you got a two bedroom, so we can come visit!!! Holla!!!!! (or in my own way: Hola!!!!) -Peej
ReplyDeleteI love that you signed it 'Peej'...
ReplyDelete