I'm all, I'm all, I'm alright...It's a beautiful day not a cloud in sight so I guess I'm doin' alright...

Well folks, it is another beautiful Houston morning... the sun is shining, and it's going to be a hot one! I know that many of you are following my updates, and anxiously awaiting my next posts- but I have to tell you, lately I've been running out of material because there isn't much really going on related to the move, so I'm going to try my best. Bear with me...

Also, of note, this is really for people who know me well, but I've often been told that I have a song for everything... all of my post titles are song lyrics... did you notice that?! There really, and truly is a song for everything... and I intend to prove that to you.

For starters, the movers are coming on Wed., June 1st to pack up our apartment. Just last night Jas was asking me if I was prepared to go back to sleeping on a full size bed again for the next several days until we leave for DC... UGH. Me in a full size bed is not fun... and by not fun, I mean its not fun for Jason. I usually sleep like a baby and roll all over the place and steal all the covers and it seems the tighter confined we are the more I kick. I may invest in some sparring pads for Jas... a bruised up, grumpy Jas is no bueno.

Jason is taking my car down to the dealer to get a pre-deployment inspection Monday... I think the drive is somewhere in the 1500 mile range, so he wants to make sure she's in tip top shape before we set off. I feel like this is the "Oregon Trail" or something... we'll have to make sure we take the right supplies...and heaven forbid we break a yolk, lose an oxen, have to ford the river, or Chloe gets cholera...it's all down hill from there. I'm a big gaming dork apparently I'm hilarious.

Friday night I had a super fun farewell with my brother from another mother- Joe. We went to the Original Ninfa's on Navigation- I've been wanting to go there (it was on my H-Town bucket list), so we went and had a ball... just like we always do. A word of advice to anyone who goes there- their margaritas are some of the most potent I've ever had. After just 2 drinks, things went down hill... quickly.  I won't go into detail... but here are some pics of the event.
Me and Joe

Sippy, sippy

Now is where it got fun... make your ugliest face contest... Pabs

A little weak... Jas

Oh snap, Garcia!

Yea, she could never be ugly. ;) 

Hilarious. We alternated between deep conversation and hysterics... just like we always do. Love ya Joe!

Today is going to be pretty low key, we're going to the mall to get a few things, then we'll probably come home and continue packing... I need to figure out which clothes to hang on to and which to pack... I need to keep telling myself I will only be without these clothes for a week, and I can probably live without my faux fur lined sweater some things.

Until next time, you have yourself a lovely little Sunday.

Comments

  1. Take me to the mall with you. You know I hate shopping, and I need to beef up my closet, now that you won't be around to do a pre-approval of my outfits before I go out... I really do see iPad 2(or 3) in our future for Face Time pre-going out outfit consultations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think pre-approval of outfits is a must! I just don't know what's going to happen to you in the months before the iPad 3 comes out... I shudder at the thought. I still say the 2 is the way to go, then there will be a nice seamless transition and you won't have to worry about making a fashion faux pas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your reference to the Oregon Trail game! Remember when we played that in elementary school. I distinctly remember you always being one of the family members in my wagon and unfortunately you succumed to cholera, a broken arm or a snake bite a few times. Don't forget to go hunting for food so you don't starve! LOL good times. Looking forward to your arrival here in DC!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment