My heart's always full and my door's always open, you can come anytime you want

So one of the great joys in my life is entertaining guests! I loooovvveeee visitors! Please, please, please consider this an open invitation to one and all- come stay with us in DC! We got a 2 bedroom house, but if there is not room, we will pull out blow up beds or do whatever we need to do to accommodate you! My friends and family bring me great joy. DC is an awesome, dynamic, historical city and I think everyone should come visit. So, there it is- come one, come all! That being said- I already have a bit of a list of tentative visitors:


June 24th-26th --> Joel Baucom
July 1st-5th --> Andi Carty Albright
July 29th-31st --> Kat Walsh (Britney concert in DC!!!)
August 10- 14th --> Stacy Pell
Spring 2012 --> Our sweet adopted family from Spain (The Vásquez's)

You too can have your name on this list if you act now... spots are filling up fast :)

I forgot to mention I completed my drug test yesterday (go me!) and I'm sure Georgetown is happy to know that their newest nurse manager can "sorta" follow directions... hey, a month late is better than never. I don't know if its just because we're moving or what, but it truly doesn't feel like there are enough hours in the day to complete anything (DISCLAIMER: except this blog of course)!

Sweet Jas...
 In other news, I didn't think it was possible to be denied for health insurance anymore, but apparently that is not the case- I was denied! Looking for insurance for June after I leave my current job because my benefits don't kick in at Georgetown until July 1st. Anyway, being a relatively healthy 20-something I never thought in a million years I would have issues with health insurance...nope, nope, they denied me because of my kidney stone history. For a month of coverage. Denied. Unreal. So, on to plan B- COBRA baby, which means if you're one of the people coming to visit in the months of June and July we will strictly be eating gourmet Kraft Mac and Cheese and tomato soup made out of ketchup packets from McDonald's because that COBRA ain't cheap! 

Joel!!!
In other news, Joel is coming to town tomorrow! Can't hardly wait! Joel is our sweet friend from North Carolina and we have a pretty fun weekend lined up for him...including but not limited to dinner(s), a symphony, clubbing, country line dancing, a classy fundraising event drag show, bike riding, gaming, church and home cooked meals... and not in that order. Quite the eclectic mix in there... but that's how we roll. 

For those who were wanting to send me antidepressants and tissues after my last post I hope that this post does not disappoint. I'm back to my standard, spunky self...no worries. Until next time...you stay classy.

Comments

  1. btw...I hear Joel is exceptional found of long walks in DC. ...just a suggestion. -Wes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that can be arranged :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment