Jesus, take the wheel...
With the big move to DC on the horizon I thought what better time to start a blog! Bear with me as I work out the kinks.
So, Jason and I are moving (if you know us personally, this is not a surprise). The apartment is being packed up on June 1st, my last day at work is June 3rd...and we're headed out June 6th. I start work on June 20th, Jason is staying in Texas until July 10th. And, by staying in Texas I mean I'm leaving him with a mattress, boxsprings and some disposable Gladware. Ahhh, the life of a bachelor ;)
The reason for the move is Jason just finished up his PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology {yay!!!! -now that's Dr. Jason to you!} and he accepted a post-doctoral fellowship at Georgetown University. Thus, the Garee's are packing it up, saying "Adios Houston" and "Hello Capitol". Here is a pic of Jason and I right after his thesis defense. So proud!!!
I will be back in the ER {hooray!!!} as the Clinical Manager for Georgetown University Hospital. Yes, yes, I will be in Georgetown and so will Jason- this means skipping to work hand in hand, quiet picnic lunches on the grassy knoll in the quad...Ha! Hardly. The life of a post-doc is probably a bit more relaxed and he won't be wanting to wake up at 5:30am to go frolic to work with me. Bummer.
With the big move looming, we decided to take a trip out to Austin to stay with our friends Andrea and Michael Montgomery who live in Austin. They are lovely hosts and we had a fabulous weekend. Michael and Jason bonded over beer and Patron at Steiner Steak House, overlooking Lake Travis. Andrea and I enjoyed a fabulous filet mignon {with lobster butter!!}, a bottle of Reisling and a few Mojito's. Delish!
Saturday we had a lazy morning with breakfast tacos and pool lounging. In the afternoon we went to a place that Jason saw and fell in love with on Man vs. Food- called "Salt Lick"- OMG. Delicious. Phenomenal. I think if I could take a bath in their BBQ sauce I would seriously consider it. It was divine. Here is a pic of Jas and I outside waiting anxiously to be seated to dig into the grub.
Today we made the 3 1/2 drive back to Houston. Jason is in the lab and I'm blogging. I love how that works out! :) Anyway, I hope this wasn't too boring for blog #1. I will continue to post updates and pics. Enjoy!!!
So, Jason and I are moving (if you know us personally, this is not a surprise). The apartment is being packed up on June 1st, my last day at work is June 3rd...and we're headed out June 6th. I start work on June 20th, Jason is staying in Texas until July 10th. And, by staying in Texas I mean I'm leaving him with a mattress, boxsprings and some disposable Gladware. Ahhh, the life of a bachelor ;)
The reason for the move is Jason just finished up his PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology {yay!!!! -now that's Dr. Jason to you!} and he accepted a post-doctoral fellowship at Georgetown University. Thus, the Garee's are packing it up, saying "Adios Houston" and "Hello Capitol". Here is a pic of Jason and I right after his thesis defense. So proud!!!
I will be back in the ER {hooray!!!} as the Clinical Manager for Georgetown University Hospital. Yes, yes, I will be in Georgetown and so will Jason- this means skipping to work hand in hand, quiet picnic lunches on the grassy knoll in the quad...Ha! Hardly. The life of a post-doc is probably a bit more relaxed and he won't be wanting to wake up at 5:30am to go frolic to work with me. Bummer.
With the big move looming, we decided to take a trip out to Austin to stay with our friends Andrea and Michael Montgomery who live in Austin. They are lovely hosts and we had a fabulous weekend. Michael and Jason bonded over beer and Patron at Steiner Steak House, overlooking Lake Travis. Andrea and I enjoyed a fabulous filet mignon {with lobster butter!!}, a bottle of Reisling and a few Mojito's. Delish!
Saturday we had a lazy morning with breakfast tacos and pool lounging. In the afternoon we went to a place that Jason saw and fell in love with on Man vs. Food- called "Salt Lick"- OMG. Delicious. Phenomenal. I think if I could take a bath in their BBQ sauce I would seriously consider it. It was divine. Here is a pic of Jas and I outside waiting anxiously to be seated to dig into the grub.
Today we made the 3 1/2 drive back to Houston. Jason is in the lab and I'm blogging. I love how that works out! :) Anyway, I hope this wasn't too boring for blog #1. I will continue to post updates and pics. Enjoy!!!



I'm your first commenter! Woo hoo!! Congrats on everything!! Wow. Can we please see each other before we both move? You have a few new kids to meet... xoxoxo ps- check out my blog too- www.ashtonkerr.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess! When are you guys moving? Let's get together... I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, but we'll figure something out. :)
ReplyDelete