Life is a highway, I wanna ride it all night long...

Clearly, whoever wrote that song was on crack- this driving for hours and hours on end is for the birds. I could not be a truck driver...I just don't know how they do it. It's so boring. I have the same problem with running- I think something is wrong with me.

Sunrise this morning just after leaving Texas and going into Louisiana

So, anyway, we made the first leg of the trek from Houston to DC today. We're currently shacked up in a hotel in Knoxville and planning to wake up bright and early to do it all again tomorrow. Today was a 15 hour stretch, tomorrow will be better at only 8 hours...however, we're going into DC traffic, which could easily turn our 8 hour journey into a 15 hour ordeal.

We were in 6 states today though- which really should be some kind of record: We did Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee. Quite the accumulation...tomorrow won't be near as exciting, I think we just go from Tennessee into Virginia and Virginia into DC... I haven't done much driving in Va... I assume it will look much like all of the rest of the driving we've done. At this point, I'm just ready to be there. The hardest part is over now-and that was saying goodbye to everyone last night. I'm glad I don't have to do that again, that was brutal.

The dog has been traveling relatively well, we weren't sure how she'd do. She kept trying to go to sleep and would wake up every time she heard a noise or felt a bump in the road. Tonight I think she's going to sleep like the she's never slept before. She can hardly keep her eyes open, bless her little heart. She really is a great dog. I love her.

Jas and I are going to head to bed... will update when I can.

Comments

  1. Actually, the drive gets much more scenic once you get into Upper East Tennessee (near Johnson City) and all the way up through Virginia (Shenandoah Valley) until you turn off of I-81.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment