I started my new job as Clinical Manager of the Emergency Department at Georgetown last week! Today was my first day actually on the unit... I basically just said hello, met the staff and observed. Tomorrow I'll be spending time in triage, and Wednesday I'll be with the charge nurse. In about 2 weeks I'll be settling more into my actual role, the next 2 weeks are basically becoming acquainted with the ER and how it functions. It will be kind of fun to go back to patient contact (and be working in the ER, as much as I tried-orthopedics never really quite felt comfortable like ER nursing did). I think there will be a lot of new challenges going into this role, but I'm looking forward to it. I have a lot of great ideas and I can't wait to put them into practice.
I'm still trying to embrace my time here without Jason- last week I got on the bus and went over to Capitol Hill and got myself a new phone- an iPhone actually... guess I'm getting on the bandwagon. It is a fun little thing though. I quite enjoy it. I'm learning my way around the city and not relying as heavily on the GPS anymore.
This past weekend my friends Joel & Grant (
previous reference to Joel and Grant found here) came to DC for the weekend. We had a lot of fun! Friday night after picking up Joel (the pic below was actually from the drive home after picking him up- I still can't believe the Capitol is like 5 miles down the road...but anyway...)
 |
| Capitol! |
We came back to the house and walked up to Wisconsin Ave. and had some delicious dinner-sat outside and just enjoyed the company. Then we came back to our house and played the first of 7 GAMES (Yes, 7, we're huge dorks) of Dominion... Disgusting.
 |
| Gamers! |
Saturday we woke up after a rough night of Dominioning (don't judge me) and walked over to Georgetown Cupcake...that place is packed on the weekends...man! Actually, it's packed like everyday, but even worse on a Saturday morning. We got some delicious cupcakes and then came back to the house and...you guessed it, more Dominion.
 |
| Cupcake! |
Saturday evening after we were finally able to pull ourselves away from our game we went over to the Museum of American History...walked around a bit and then made the trek back home for chinese delivery (a lifelong dream of Joel's {do not ask me why, I have no clue} and to get ready for our night out.
 |
| Joel and I at the Museum of American History |
The night out- yea, that was an adventure. Let's just say, yea, it was an adventure...and a learning experience. It was a great weekend though...now I'm looking forward to Andi's visit next weekend (yay!) and Jason coming back on the 8th! Woohoo!
thank you for choosing the pictures you chose to post wisely :)
ReplyDeleteDuh! :)
ReplyDelete